I need a commercial PCI FPGA board, please help

I need an FPGA board with a 64-bit 66MHz PCI bus and Linux drivers, and I need to be able to demo it, and I need it fast.

If that's not demanding enough I can add more requirements.

I have looked through 53 vendors so far and there are no real winners.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Seth

Annapolis Micro Firebird,

Bunch of stuff like the PCI speeds you require and a 1 to 2 million gate Virtex.

Never tried one, though I wouldn't have to be asked twice if someone wanted me to play with one.

Reply to
Garrett Mace

Have you looked at Nallatech? We have one of their PCI boards in use in an R&D project - I don't knbow all the performance details but I'm sure there's some Linux support.

Glenn

GlennH

Hi Seth,

You may want to take a look at the APEX or Stratix PCI Development Kits from Altera:

The Stratix PCI kit looks pretty cool, and comes with the following features: - Stratix 1S25 device (cutting-edge fpga) - PCI 32-bit/64-bit, 33/66 Mhz (PCI spec 2.3) - 133 Mhz PCI-X (PCI-X 2.0 Mode 1) - 3.3V and 5V tolerance - 256 MB of DDR266 memory - On-board flash for the FPGA - Ethernet 10/100 and RS-232 connectors - A whole bunch of debugging stuff - Can hook up to the Nios Development Kit (which is also pretty nifty)

Go to

for more details.

If you are interested in this dev kit, I'd talk to an Altera rep or file an issue with mysupport.altera.com to determine whether what you want to do on Linux is feasible.

*** Best guesses below -- contact Altera to be sure! ***

If you willing to develop the hardware under Windows, then port the device drivers on Linux, that looks like it can be done. The kit ships with the Windows version of Jungo's WinDriver software, but according to their web site a Linux edition is available and they claim that the driver code is cross-OS portable so this *should* work. Quartus is available for Linux, so you could do your hardware coding under Linux. But the Stratix PCI Development Kit Application is made for Windows, so you would have to do without that aspect of the tool-kit. It *is* open-source if you're the adventurous type!

Good luck in your hunt,

Paul Leventis Altera Corp.

Reply to
Paul Leventis

Hi Seth,

Have you looked at

We make and sell a 64-bit 66-MHz board with 1 to 5 Stratix FPGAs and a lot of I/O and external memory.

One of our customers is developing Linux drivers, which we can bundle with the board.

Peter Sommerfeld snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
Peter Sommerfeld

Following are the links of Avnet Xilinx Virtex-II And Virtex-E Development Kits:

P%3DEVK,00.html

P%3DEVK,00.html

============================== Asfandyar Khan Design Engineer Telematix Corporation

4590 MacArthur Blvd. Suite 500 Newport Beach, CA 92660

Ph> I need an FPGA board with a 64-bit 66MHz PCI bus and Linux drivers,

Asfandyar Khan