hwicap for EDK 9.1

Hey guys & gals,

I've been experiencing some difficulty using the opb_hwicap for EDK

9.1. I'm trying to use it for reading/writing BRAM data w/ it's new 32-bit, virtex4 support. Anyway, I cannot seem to be able to get it to run. I've noticed - first off, that the def "XHI_FAR_BRAM_BLOCK" is set to 1, which is correct for the V2 but not V4... So i've set the block_type to 2 for read/write BRAMs. Anyway -- I've been using the XHwIcap_DeviceReadFrameV4 & XHwIcap_DeviceWriteFrameV4 functions without success. They do RETURN "XST_SUCCESS", but from what I'm seeing, it's not correct. For example, if I write something to a location and then read it, I always get 0's. I'm reading the attached BRAM and see some starting packet stuff, and then zeros. Has anyone used the new 32-bit hwicap w/ success for reading/writing BRAMS. If so, sample code perhaps that I could test please? Oh, fyi - it seems to be able to read config registers, and the BRAMs I'm reading/writing to are not being accessed when the ICAP attempts read/write. I appreciate any help.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin