hwicap can be used in the virtex4

hi everyone!

hwicap can be used in the virtex4 ? I try to use it but the EDK

7.1 tell me :

error: MDT - opb_hwicap (opb_hwicap_0)

-C:\copy_project\XC4VFX12\EDK_Projects\Custom_Peripheral\system.mhs:321

- not supported for architecture 'virtex4'

what wrong with it? who can tell please that is very important to me!!!!

thanks advance!

xun

Reply to
zhangxun0501

ubelievable, even in EDK 8.1 SP2 hwicap is only supported for V2/V2Pro so you need to edit the ipcore to get it working on V4 :(

Antti

Reply to
Antti

else , if there have another solution for charge the bit for partial reconfigration to remplace the icap??

Antti a =E9crit :

Reply to
zhangxun0501

but in the sit of xilinx , it said the hwicap support the virtex4-fx

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com a =E9crit :

Reply to
zhangxun0501

Have you tried adding virtex4 to the list of supported architectures in: EDK/hw/XilinxProcessorIPLib/pcores/opb_hwicap_v1_00_b/data/opb_hwicap_v2_1_0.mpd

That is, change OPTION ARCH_SUPPORT = virtex2:virtex2p to OPTION ARCH_SUPPORT = virtex2:virtex2p:virtex4

I don't have 8.1 and am not using hwicap, so I have not tried this and don't know if it will work.

Alan Nishioka

Reply to
Alan Nishioka

Hi Alan,

This would only work if the ICAP in Virtex4 operated the same way as in Virtex2/Virtex2p. Maybe they are not the same and this is why the ARCH_SUPPORT doesn't include Virtex4.

Paul

Alan Nishioka wrote:

EDK/hw/XilinxProcessorIPLib/pcores/opb_hwicap_v1_00_b/data/opb_hwicap_v2_1_0.mpd

Reply to
Paul Hartke

in the doc of liberary guid of vitex4 where we can find the model hdl and symbole of ICAP so I'm sur icap is in the virtex4 but hwicap!!!!!!! no idea! maybe there will have another version ip will be used !!!

Paul Hartke a =E9crit :

2_1_0.mpd
Reply to
zhangxun0501

I think that is the reason maybe the new version will different than the old

Reply to
zhangxun0501

schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...

yes, ICAP is OK in V4, its just the EDK that has the ip cores not updated with V4 support :(

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

Does someone have a working design using an ICAP in Virtex-4 ? We are trying to send a difference-based partial bitstream to it by using GPIOs but it doesn't seem to work. (The bitstream is ok, it works in iMPACT by JTAG)

Reply to
Denaice

John Williams' "Partial Reconfiguration on Xilinx Devices" email list is another resource:

The archive is available here:

Paul Hartke

Paul Hartke a =E9crit :

I already know this list, but it doesn't answer my question...

Reply to
Denaice

As far as I've tried it, just enabling virtex-4 support in the MPD file doesn't help. The hwicap core uses the ICAP_VIRTEX2 component, which obviously is not supported on the Virtex-4. I didn't try changing the hwicap source to use the new ICAP_VIRTEX4 - that might work, since it still supports the 8 bit SelectIO interface.

Regards

-Enno

Reply to
Enno Luebbers