How to disconnect a signal?

Hallo, I have made a small opb peripheral with registers support.

Into a state machine I connect slv_reg0 to an external signal that is temporary latched. When that signal wil not be latched I should disconnect it from slv_reg0 and slv_reg0 should latch data until I reconnect it to the external signal.

How could I realize it?

I have read about the vhl command "disconnect", but if I use it I receive the following error message: unexpected DISCONNECT Many Thanks

Marco

Reply to
Marco

I suppose you are describing your design in VHDL.

Disconnect statements are used for bus signals which are controlled by an implicit GUARD signal inside of blocks. Probably not what you want.

Drivers of signals can be disconnected by assigning the null waveform element.

sig

Reply to
Hubble

I have done as you told. It works well.