How to ? 2.1i to ISE6.2 SCHEMATIC converter!!

Anybody knows how convert schemtic from Xilinx 2.1 to ISE6.2 Webpack? It is very strange that ISE6.2 cannot convert earlier version of schematic (the same company).

THX

Reply to
buke2

THX

Open the schematic with the older software to know what do and know how work; and then redo the project into the most generic VHDL as possible; without trying to copy a schematic into VHDL.

( One more reason to use VHDL standard )

Walter

"buke2" a écrit dans le message de news:cff932$pv0$ snipped-for-privacy@atlantis.news.tpi.pl...

Reply to
INS122595

But I have only these 2 tools above - old tool - I can generate netlist but new - ISE I cannot import it!

schematic

Reply to
buke2
1 Using the version 2.1 open the schematic to understand how the system work.

2 Using the WebPack write a NEW VHDL code to do the same function.

And don't use schematic any more, with a good generic VHDL code you are free to use more than one software tool with minimum problems.

Walter.

"buke2" a écrit dans le message de news:cfhs71$2d1$ snipped-for-privacy@atlantis.news.tpi.pl...

but

Reply to
INS122595

As far as I know, there is no way to convert schematics from Foundation

2.1i to ISE 6.2i. The one tool that imports Foundation schematics is Active-HDL from Aldec. I think that the reason is that several companies, not only Xilinx, were involved in the development of Foundation, and the schematics editor was not Xilinx' part.

So I can only give the advice that others already gave - leave your schematics behind and rewrite them in a HDL. That's what I did.

/Jerker

Reply to
Jerker Hammarberg (DST)