converting a pcb to schematic.

I have 2 small pcbs about 3inches by 2 inches. One had 3 op amps and the other has 3 ic, and several transistors along with various resistors, diodes and capacitors. I need to obtain the circuit from the board inorder to troubleshoot it . It is used in a governor control. Is there any software or are there people who will convert it to schematic for a price ??? If there is software that can convert it at least (very basic conversion) to a schematic, it would really help. Its very difficult doing it physically as the printed circuit is double sided though not very complex. I have clear photographs of both sides of the boards.

-------------------------------------

Electronics Enthusiasts' Community of the Net Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - sci.electronics.components - 22985 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
roy

radium1212_at_gmail_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (roy) wrote in news:95938$4c725f42$43de0cc0$ snipped-for-privacy@news.flashnewsgroups.com:

No.

You'd have a much easier time souping up AutoTune to redeem a bad singer, and that, too, is impossible. There are reasons we have brains capable of extending craft into art. Let them atrophy at your own risk.

If it's any help, op-amp circuits for simple process control are fairly basic. Start with any circuit from a standard text book, then modify it as needed to model your circuit.

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

First of all sketch the component side and itemise all the components and their values.

I find it helps to scribe the component symbols on the solder side with a sharp pointed knife (scalpel).

You will reach a point where the evolving schematic is beginning to make sense but the finer details of the tracks are getting harder to follow.

Now is the time to start carefully removing components so you can trace point to point with a DMM on low Ohms range.

As long as you document each stage you shouldn't have any problem putting it back together.

Reply to
ian field

"ian field" a écrit dans le message de news: NNAco.194162$y_2.189079@hurricane...

A good alternative to removing components to follow the tracks behind them on a double ou multilayer board is simply... to Xray the populated PCB ;+). Just ask it as a favor to your best doctor friend... Yours, Robert

Reply to
Robert Lacoste

Might be simpler to write software to convert Klingon to English !

You'll have to do it 'by hand'.

Suggest you start by identifying circuit 'nodes' and then placing the components as connected to them.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Do a reverse image of one of the images, then overlay the two. You could use clear mylar. Laser machine does it well.

I just usually do it the hard way, and also make use of a bright light on reverse side.

greg

Reply to
GregS

Not a possibility. You will need to do it "by hand".

I have a similar problem in front of me right now only it is quite a bit more complex than your board sounds. Mine is a double layer board and many of the components cover tracks so you can't tell where they go visually. I either buzz them out or in some cases I revert to completely removing the component from the board in order to trace the tracks.

You will also need to identify all of the components (IC's and other semis) and download their datasheets so that you can determine schematic connections and pin numbering. Your first efforts at drawing a schematic will be rather crude and you will need to check and double check the connections before arriving at a correct result. After sevewral iterations your schematic will eventually look like the original would have but it can take a day or 2 to get that far.

: :I have 2 small pcbs about 3inches by 2 inches. One had 3 op amps and the :other has 3 ic, and several transistors along with various resistors, :diodes and capacitors. I need to obtain the circuit from the board :inorder to troubleshoot it . It is used in a governor control. :Is there any software or are there people who will convert it to schematic :for a price ??? If there is software that can convert it at least (very :basic conversion) to a schematic, it would really help. Its very difficult :doing it physically as the printed circuit is double sided though not very :complex. I have clear photographs of both sides of the boards. : :------------------------------------- : : : : : :##-----------------------------------------------## :Delivered via

:Electronics Enthusiasts' Community of the Net :Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - :sci.electronics.components - 22985 messages and counting! :##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
Ross Herbert