Help with Libero IDE and Verilog...

Hi all,

I recently purchased the Actel Fusion Starter Kit. I'm new to both Libero IDE and Verilog and was hoping for some guidance. All I'm trying to do is turn LED D1 on when the voltage from the potentiometer exceeds 2 volts. This is as simple as you can get. So tell me if I'm wrong, but I think my system needs to include the following:

  • Analog System Builder
  • Flash Memory System
  • RC Oscillator
  • Static PLL

If this is correct, I think my problem is most likely in the top level verilog description.

Also, say I wanted to look at an even simpler case of just turning on LED D1. Then I could eliminate the ASB and the Flash Memory, right?

Thanks in advance,

-Bill Green

Reply to
weg22

Hi Bill,

You are right about the components that are needed. On Actels webpage you can find Fusion tutorials and design examples where you can download the complete Libero project and then work you way through it.

With the latest software, Libero 8.0, you can now use a graphical entry tool called SmartDesign for creating the top level. With this tool you don't need to write a single line of Verilog.

I have created a complete Libero 8.0 project where a LED is turned on when the potentiometer exceeds 2 volt. Please send me an email and I will forward it to you.

Regards Rouzbeh

Reply to
rouzbeh.h

Hi Bill,

You are right about the components that are needed. On Actels webpage you can find Fusion tutorials and design examples where you can download the complete Libero project and then work you way through.

With the latest software, Libero 8.0, you can now use a graphical entry tool called SmartDesign for creating the top level. With this tool you don't need to write a single line of Verilog.

I have created a complete Libero 8.0 project for you where a LED is turned on when the potentiometer exceeds 2 volt. Please send me an email and I will forward it to you.

Regards Rouzbeh

Reply to
rouzbeh.h