Have you used an Altera altufm_i2c canned megafunction successfully?

I'm using the Quartus 2 canned i2c flash memory megafunction in a Max2 (EPM24T100C5). This is connected to a well-characterized i2c bus and is supposed to replace a 24c01 (known to work). It doesn't respond to the master. Everything sims great.

After a 2-month support ticket (megatroubleshooting), Altera is stumped.

I'm casting about for simple "yes" responses from anyone who has used this function (1k, 2k, 4k, or 8k) and seen it work on a real i2c bus.

TIA, bb.

Reply to
bbenson