Altera LVDS Transceiver Megafunction - ALTLVDS - question

Is there any documentation on this block besides the vague description in Quartus Help ???

I tried simulating it but that didn't work. I donno how to use this megafunction properly...

PS this is the 3rd time I face Altera's bad/none documentation for advertised features (High Speed SERDES Transceivers) which are ONLY accessible through megafunctions

Reply to
vadim

Hi Vadim, Detailed information on LVDS usage for Stratix devices can be found in Volume 2, Chapter 5 of the Stratix Handbook. This is available online at

This Chapter has 76 pages and covers all aspects of High Speed Differential I/O Interfaces for Stratix. There is a section from Pg 60 onwards for Software Support.

Information for LVDS usage in Cyclone devices can be found at

Hope this helps. Subroto Datta Altera Corp

Reply to
Subroto Datta