Hand-editing xilinx.sys

I have a systemACE based dev. platform for Virtex-5 and copy my ace files by hand from my linux system to my CF card.

Everything works fine with the auto-generated xilinx.sys file and the ace file. It also works with just the ace file in the root of the CF card. However, if I try to have multiple designs in a collection and hand-edit the xilinx.sys to point to each of them I just get the error led on my system - no matter how I set the ace address pin dip switches.

I'm following the formatting guide straight from the "System ACE CompactFlash Solution" datasheet and have already reformatted my CF card (just in case) based on some other postings on this group -but I am still unable to get it to work. It's as if editing the xilinx.sys file by hand corrupts it or something? I've tried editing it in unix and under dos to make sure it's not something silly like ^M - but still no luck.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

dave

Reply to
Dave