FPGA Debug Tool

[Commercial announcement follows]

FPGAXpose is a debug tool that works in conjunction with ChipScope Pro and provides much greater visibility. FPGAXpose allows you to select and view signals at runtime without the need to rerun place and route or even reconfigure the FPGA.

You can start using FPGAXpose today, without adding any additional cores to your design. Including the optional FPGAXpose core will provide even greater visibility.

More information about FPGAXpose can be found at:

Full featured 30 day evaluation versions can be downloaded from:

Vivian Bessler

-- Sandbyte

Reply to
Vivian Bessler

"Vivian Bessler" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:zZ%5h.15960$ snipped-for-privacy@news.indigo.ie...

I tried it didnt work :(

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

Hi Antti,

I tried it and it works like a treat. Makes the debugging our boards a lot easier.

btw did you get an eval license from sandbyte, because it will not work without this license.

cheers Darren

Newsbeitragnews:zZ%5h.15960$ snipped-for-privacy@news.indigo.ie...

Reply to
darren.redmond

Worked fine for me. Found it to be quite useful....

Rob.

Reply to
robquigley

But working on the same computer as the person who posted the original advert might give you a head start.

Advert:

Supportive reply:

(The other supportive reply is from an IP address in Dublin, too)

It does certainly seems to be a popular bit of software in Dublin. Has anyone outside Dublin and not closely related to the authors found it useful?

"I love the smell of sock-puppets in the morning"

Will

Reply to
Will Dean

Do I need to install ISE (or ChipScope Pro) before playing with FPGAXpose?

Reply to
AMONTEC

Hi Annti, I don't see your name among our evaluation or full license users.

If you need any assistance our support team will be happy to help you out.

Vivian

Antti Lukats wrote:

Reply to
Vivian Bessler

Hello AMONTEC, Both ISE and ChipScope Pro are required.

Vivian

-- Sandbyte

Reply to
Vivian Bessler

Hi Will,

I doubt that we are both sitting at the same machine considering the ip address is an eircom (irish broadband provider) host machine. Considering that Sandbyte are in the same Technological Office Complex as ourselves it is more likely that we have the same broadband provider, and that ip address is the local eircom exchange receiving news messages, amongst others.

Also the reason Sandbyte might have a bit more traction in Dublin than elsewhere is because I was at a presentation delivered by Sandbyte in Dublin last friday week (10 days ago). I reckon the majority of people present were from Dublin.

Not everything happens to be a conspiracy theory.

regards Darren

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.com...

original

Reply to
darren.redmond

Will Dean schrieb:

Hi Will

I tried the tool, it was really slow parsing the LL file and did not communicate with Cable III nor Platform USB cable so I gave up.

the readback thing isnt complicated I have done that myself with some custom software myself.

antti

Reply to
Antti

Vivian Bessler schrieb:

hi Vivian

1 my name first name is Antti 2 to my understanding the usual policy of online licensing is that the information submitted is handled as confidential. So your public post about my name being or not being on the list of the people who have submitted data to your website is either violation of such common confidentiality policy or your company doesnt have such policy at all.

There are tools that work. And there are tools that do not.

Getting the JTAG communication to work with Cable III is something that is REALLY easy to handle. I was hoping to see some real results, but only witnessed cable communication faults. Not very promising.

Antti

Reply to
Antti

That's true, but then not everybody posting to Usenet is honest.

Personally, I find it hard to believe that a machine called

83-70-72-77.b-ras1.srl.dublin.eircom.net

is a news-server, especially when one person posting from that address is actually using a news-server called news.indigo.ie (194.125.133.14) and the other is using Google Groups and not a local news-server at all.

But perhaps it is some kind of gateway machine that you all appear as though you're connecting from in your office block.

I would respectfully suggest that if you're going to post to Usenet for the first time, in support of a commercial posting which is only a couple of hours old, and you're sharing the same IP address as the original commercial poster, that it would be a good idea to be as up-front about the relationship as possible.

Otherwise cynics like me jump to conclusions, partly because I've seen it before.

Will

Reply to
Will Dean

Hi Antti, Apologies for the typo. I'm surprised to hear you had difficulties with FPGAXpose. FPGAXpose is definitely a product that works. If you pass on more details about the error I'll submit a support request and get it sorted (if it still exists in the latest version). Regarding the customer list, I was only trying to check the version you evaluated in order to see if there were bugs filed against it.

Vivian

Antti wrote:

Reply to
Vivian Bessler