PIC24HJ64GP206, ICD2 -> ICD0083: Debug: Unable to enter debug mode.

Hi

I hoping some one might be able to point me in the right direction.

I am using a PIC24HJ64GP206 with an ICD2 connected to PGD2 and PGC2. When I tell the ICD2 to connect to the target it does so without error, identifies the chip etc.... see below;

Connecting to MPLAB ICD 2 ...Connected Setting Vdd source to target Target Device PIC24HJ64GP206 found, revision = Rev 0x3002 ...Reading ICD Product ID Running ICD Self Test ...Passed MPLAB ICD 2 Ready

However, if I build my code and tell it to program the chip i get ICD0083: Debug: Unable to enter debug mode. Please double click this message for more information See below.

Programming Target... ...Validating configuration fields ...Erasing Part ...Programming Program Memory (0x0 - 0x4FF) Verifying... ...Program Memory ...Verify Succeeded ...Loading DebugExecutive ...Programming DebugExecutive ...Debug Executive ...Programming Debug Vector ...Debug Vector ...Programming Configuration Bits .. Config Memory Verifying configuration memory... Connecting to debug executive ICD0083: Debug: Unable to enter debug mode. Please double click this message for more information. MPLAB ICD 2 Ready

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can/should check ?

I have used the C18 compiler with the PIC18F series devices but this is my 1st application using c30 on a PIC24.

All helpful comments,things to check etc.... welcome.

Thanks in advance

Anbeyon

Reply to
Anbeyon

Thanks - It was cable length related - all seems OK now :0)

Reply to
Anbeyon

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

-- "it's the network..." "The Journey is the reward" snipped-for-privacy@interlog.com Info for manufacturers:

Embedded software/hardware/analog Info for designers:

Spehro Pefhany