Fast Serial I/O on Virtex-5

Looking at Virtex-5 capabilities at Xilinx web site I didn't find Rocket I/O. Is it gone? Why? Any hope for re-introduction in "Virtex-5 GX" ?

Reply to
already5chosen

the "T" prefix is for the parts with rocketio but all those parts are coming into town sometimes in 2007 so there is no info on them yet

Antti

Reply to
Antti

Note that somebody seems to have made up that far in the future "sometime in 2007". I know better... Peter Alfke

Reply to
Peter Alfke

"Peter Alfke" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...

well all the public info on V5xxT parts lists them available 2007 or is there some new update on the actual dates?

sure the parts will come earlier internally but Xilinx had no forecast to deliver V5xxT parts this year.

so we are all eyes and ears if there is an update on actual dates.

I would of course also welcome if an PPC V5 part would be released 2006 even if no rocket io on it.

V4FX12 is a nice part, smallest V5FX would be even better

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

Antti, Xilinx (naturally) will be very cautious this time around. Things like fast serial IO do not take much silicon, but they do take large amounts of testing, and may need a tuning pass. Probably, they also want some field hours clocked up as well.

All that, can easily add 6 months to a release time line.

ES would be a different story, and it sounds like you and Peter should simply have a quiet word off-line ? :)

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville

I am currently happy with the public information too

Antti

Reply to
Antti