89c430 timed access for upper memory

I am using the DS89c430 microcontroller and I wish to use part of the flash memory to store up to 32 values which I can change when necessary. According to the data sheet it has In Application Programming available. I cannot find sufficient info on doing this. Here is what I have found so far but does not work when I read back:

wtee : mov ta,#0AAh ;timed access mov ta,#55h ;timed access mov fcntl,#0Bh ;control reg for write mov fdata,#3Fh ;upper flash msd mov fdata,#00h ;upper flash lsd mov fdata,#11h ;data to write nop ;delay to wait for finish nop nop ljmp loop ;back to outer loop of prog

rdee: mov dptr,#3f00h ;address I wrote in flash clr a movc a,@dptr ;read byte from mcu flash mov dptr,#2000h ;external ram save data movx @dptr,a ;save ljmp loop

When I check the memory location it is still FF Any ideas or help would be greatly apreciated.

Me