89c430 timed access for upper memory

I am using the DS89c430 microcontroller and I wish to use part of the flash
memory to store up to 32 values which I can change when necessary.
According to the data sheet it has In Application Programming available.
I cannot find sufficient info on doing this.
Here is what I have found so far but does not work when I read back:
wtee : mov ta,#0AAh ;timed access
mov ta,#55h ;timed access
mov fcntl,#0Bh ;control reg for write
mov fdata,#3Fh ;upper flash msd
mov fdata,#00h ;upper flash lsd
mov fdata,#11h ;data to write
nop ;delay to wait for finish
nop
nop
ljmp loop ;back to outer loop of prog
rdee: mov dptr,#3f00h ;address I wrote in flash
clr a
movc a,@dptr ;read byte from mcu flash
mov dptr,#2000h ;external ram save data
movx @dptr,a ;save
ljmp loop
When I check the memory location it is still FF
Any ideas or help would be greatly apreciated.
Reply to
Me