Dynamic Reconfiguration books

Hi everybody! I would like to get advises about good books in dynamic reconfiguration using FPGAs. I need theoretical (algorithms, methods) as well as practical information.

Thanks in advance

Reply to
GaLaKtIkUsâ„¢

get a book "black magic" first :)

Antti

Reply to
Antti

Don't we all!? ;)

I think those "books" are still being written, and presently exist mainly in the form of conference papers and journal articles.

Reply to
Neil Steiner

yes!

I downloaded many many ieee (and other) papers on the subject. But you know that papers are good for some purposes and books for others! Reading a paper is good to get answer some precise question ... not for getting state of the art. Papers are for researchers. But I'm searching for some books for students and newcomers even to FPGA but who would like to get answers concerning reconfigurable computing.

Reply to
GaLaKtIkUs™

All, I chanced to see a book, when i started my work on dynamic partial reconfiguration back in 2005 (for M.S thesis). Let me know if you understand any thing from the book . ;-)

The detail of the book is:

Dynamic Reconfiguration, Architectures and Algorithms

By: Ramachndran Vaidyanathan and Jerry L. Trahan

Kluwer Academic Press, 2004

Reply to
mh

I have it ;) I don't have big difficulties reading it. )) But I think that it's not trivial to realize such things (R-mesh) on FPGA even using Xilinx ISE PREA.

Reply to
GaLaKtIkUs™

Agreed.

One book that may be worth taking a peek at is "Reconfigurable Computing: Accelerating Computation with Field-Programmable Gate Arrays" by Maya Gokhale and Paul Graham, ISBN-10: 0387261052, ISBN-13:

978-0387261058, Springer 2005.
Reply to
Neil Steiner

There are three books: System.Level.Design.of.Reconfigurable.Systems.on.Chip.Y2005.Springer.pdf Dynamic Reconfiguration Architectures And Algorithms Feb

2004.Kluwer.pdf Reconfigurable Computing Accelerating Computation with Field- Programmable Gate Arrays.Y2005.pdf
Reply to
chnmyi