Support for runtime reconfiguration

Hi!,

I am a new pg student working on parallelism and FPGA programming. My interest is working at the highest level possible, at algorithmic and system level. I have been looking at libraries as JHDL and SustemC, and languages as Handel-C and Verilog. I am involved in a research project for developing IP core using a hardware/software approach (co-design and co-simulation). Because I must start as soon a s possible and want to use the latest about techniques, methods, methodologies and technology I need someone helps giving some information about the following:

  1. What Is Runtime reconfiguration, partial reconfiguration or dynamic reconfiguration?. 2. How Does dynamic reconfiguration works at hardware and software level? 3. To take advantage of dynamic reconfiguration Do I need the software tool or fpga board supports dynamic reconfigration?. 4. Is it possible to exploit dynamic reconfiguration at high level Programming level ? I mean, Can programmer users do this? 5. Does SystemC support dynamic reconfiguration? and Handel-C? Can I develop applications using rutime reconfiguration with SystemC?
  2. May someone recommend me any FPGA Board from Xilinx, Altera or Celoxica supports runtime reconfiguration? 7. What about any FPGA Development Kit supports runtime reconfiguration based on C/C++?

I thank if you can help explaining me all about this or giving me documents or links to find this. I trust your advice. I am sorry for the troubles in advance.

Thanks a lot. Carlos

Reply to
cacosta