DSP/FPGA/video board?

Hi,

I'm looking for an inexpensive (up to $1000) development board with the following features:

- Relatively fast DSP, e.g., Blackfin.

- Mid-range Cyclone II or Spartan-3 FPGA.

- At least 4 MB SDRAM.

- Video in (CVBS and Y/C), digital video decoder.

- Video out (CVBS and Y/C), digital video encoder.

- The video decoder and encoder should be able to work simultaneously.

A combination of boards, e.g., a DSP kit and a plug-in FPGA board can also work. Other DSPs and FPGAs than the ones mentioned above can also be considered. This is for doing research on video processing and video compression; I don't have more precise requirements yet.

Thanks,

-- Georgi

Reply to
Georgi Beloev

You could combine a Spartan-3 board from Digilent ($89) with ADI ADSP-2199XX EZ-KITE Lite ($595).

Reply to
Tom Seim

I think a better (and maybe more powerful) approach is to use the spartan-3 board from Xilinx (I think is the same as by Digilent) with the BF-561 EzLite.

Regards,

JaaC

Reply to
Jaime Andres Aranguren Cardona

Usual place to start is

Nallatech comes to mind but there are a few others that do DSP+FPGA too.

Google gives me plenty to start by $1k is cutting it on the low side for some of these vendors.

and so on

regards

johnjakson_usa_com

Reply to
john jakson

Thanks to all who responded! I think I have a better picture of what's available now.

-- Georgi

also

Reply to
Georgi Beloev