Reg programmable Luma delay in Video encoder

Hi all, I am working on developing a digital video encoder which converts data in YCbCr format to CVBS format. Could anybody tell me what is programmable luma delay used for? Do we have to synchronise the Y and C portion of the video data even if the programmable luma delay is 0

Any help will be deeply appreciated Regards Meenz

Reply to
meenz.tronix