Designing a matrix multpier block using existing xilinx toolbox

hi everyone, for my class project i need to build a model in simulink , using xilinx system generator blocks..which computes matrix multiplication about

512X512 size...can anyone help me how to do it with black box.........i tried Mcode but didnt work........... thanks in advance
Reply to
sirisha.aluru

hi everyone, for my class project i need to build a model in simulink , using xilinx system generator blocks..which computes matrix multiplication about

512X512 size...can anyone help me how to do it with black box.........i tried Mcode but didnt work........... thanks in advance
Reply to
sirisha.aluru

hi everyone, for my class project i need to build a model in simulink , using xilinx system generator blocks..which computes matrix multiplication about

512X512 size...can anyone help me how to do it with black box.........i tried Mcode but didnt work........... thanks in advance
Reply to
sirisha.aluru

I don't think using a black box will help you (unless you already have some HDL code that does what you want, but it sounds like you don't).

You need to design the circuit to multiply 2 matrices.

Do you know how to multiply matrices on paper? If not, find that out first!

If so, write down the steps you do in lots of detail. This should give you an idea for some counters and memory accesses. Prototype it in Excel, or C, or Matlab or something high-leve until you understand exactly how it's going to work.

Then putting the Sysgen blocks down and wiring them up should be very straightforward.

HTH! Martin

--
martin.j.thompson@trw.com
http://www.trw.com/conekt