Custom Megafunctions in Quartus II

Is it possible to create a parametarizable Megafunction of my own designs in Quartus ? I would like to be able to add my own designs into MegWizard Manager that can be instatiated within *.BDF files as graphic entities with configurable properties (similar to the LPM_XXX functions).

Thnx

Reply to
vadim

Step one is to learn vhdl or verilog. Once you have working synthesis code it is easy to make a quartus graphic symbol for it. It is also easy to add generic options in the code. However, if the top ports change, you have to remake the symbol.

-- Mike Treseler

Reply to
Mike Treseler

Hi Mike

your answer is not direct to the original posters question, agreed it may actually be what he wanted to know, but - THERE IS NO WAY to make your own MEGAWIZARD plugins that would show up in MegaWizard manager (not using only Quartus) and that was the initial question.

I think that creating new megawizard functions is only possible with some extra info/tools available only to AMPP members, not with using normal Quartus.

Making a vhdl/verilog module and symbol for it is sure trivial, as you said already

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

True, but if I became a AMPP member, step one would be to write some lpm style hdl code like this:

An lpm module uses hdl strings to collect the GUI settings.

Yes. And probably the best solution for the OP.

-- Mike Treseler

Reply to
Mike Treseler