Xilinx ISE ucf management

Is there any way to switch from a ucf file for an ML402 dev board to a ucf file for a ML403 board without having to delete one file from the project and copy the source from another ucf file? Can it automatically know what ucf file to use based on the FX12 or SX35 part?

Brad Smallridge aivision dot com

Reply to
Brad Smallridge

Not sure if this answers your question... but it uses whatever UCF file you add to the ISE project when you do an "Add source file".... so if you've got an FX12 project and an SX35 project running outta the same directory you can have then referencing different UCF files, yes.....

If you're meaning that you want to have it automatically associate with a given UCF file, depending upon what part you select when you begin a *new* project.... as far as I know, no. Just out of curiousity, what's your application that makes this behavior desireable? In my experience UCF files tend to be fairly application specific..... Multiple projects with the same pinout I take it?

Brad Smallridge wrote:

Reply to
Paul

If you use ISE gui, you can add different ucf to different project. If you use command line, you can use "-uc" option to specify which ucf to use with ngdbuild.

HTH, Jim

Brad Smallridge wrote:

Reply to
Jim Wu

I have two development boards on my desk, a Xilinx ml402 and a ml403. They are very similar but also have some slight differences in the UCF files. When I switch from one board to another I go into the part properties and switch fx12 to sx35, remove a ucf file, and add the other ucf file.

Seems like there should be a better way.

So far the UCF files are different in only that the ml403 has some missing pins. Later there may be some placement constraints that would also change.

Brad Smallridge AiVision

Reply to
Brad Smallridge

Why don't you have separate ISE project the two boards? The two projects can use the same source files if that is what your concern is.

HTH, Jim

Brad Smallridge wrote:

Reply to
Jim Wu