Configuration PROM XC18V02 bit error

Anyone experienced a bit error in a configuration PROM? Our design contains a XC18V02 that configures a XCV300 in master serial mode. The design has worked flawlessly for many years, but in recent time three individuals have suddenly stopped configuring on power up. The first two where considered "accidents" and the PROM were simply reprogrammed, after which the units (so far) worked flawlessly. When it happened a third time (three strikes and OUT), it became an issue. Read-back through JTAG revealed a single bit error in the PROM.

All EEPROMS are from the same batch, marked:

XILINX XC18V02 VQ44AEN0117 F1178746A C

Has this happened to anyone else?

Reply to
Lars

Not so long ago (about 3-4 years) I had this problem with the XC18V02 configuring a ( I believe) Spartan target. I had single bit errors, too.

It seemed to be a batch issue, but it was painful while it lasted. Fortunately, it occurred on my pre-production units so all the faults were within our own lab.

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

Seems I was a bit quick to post this question, there was a thread about such an issue some years back (XC18VXX PROM Corruption). It seems Skyhawk172L (nice plane by the way, me I fly Pipers mostly...) had identical problems. I also had a '1' flipped to a '0'.

No conclusive answer as to what might be the cause though.

Reply to
Lars