ChipScope Pro : Stimulation

Is it possible to use ChipScope Pro to stimulate signals? I'm trying to figure out if i can use ChipScope Pro to drive some signals in my FPGA.

Reply to
Vivek Joshi

Vivek,

Not detailed in the product literature for Chipscope Pro (at least I couldn't find it) is the "virtual front panel" which allows a GUI interface for pushbuttons, switches, leds, etc. in order to not only 'listen to', but to 'talk to' the logic in your FPGA design.

Since this is a new feature since 6.1i, it has already seen improvements, and even more improvements are in the works for the next release.

We use it internally more and more, as it makes prototyping far simpler.

Contact your FAE, or the hotline for support,

Aust> Is it possible to use ChipScope Pro to stimulate signals? I'm trying to

Reply to
Austin Lesea

Yes, you can. They have an asynchronous(or synchronous) virtual I/O module. You can also build a simple GUI with LEDs, push butttons, numeric entries, etc. I've used it recently to control all of the RF attenuators and switches on a radio product. In the past I've had to run the processor under emulator at early stages to have this kind of control. It's great not having to monkey with the embedded software.

Reply to
Clark Pope

Yes, if you have ChipScope 6.2 is possible, search VIO into ChipScope docs.

Walter.

"Vivek Joshi" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@webx.sUNCHnE... Is it possible to use ChipScope Pro to stimulate signals? I'm trying to figure out if i can use ChipScope Pro to drive some signals in my FPGA.

Reply to
INS122595