chip scope

hi

i have a question. i have an edk project that i want to debug. so i inserted a chipscope core. my question now is if there is a way to look a signals not in the top level entities. for example i have an ip core connected to the fsl bus. but if i want to have a look at some signal withing the ip core i have to put some debug signals all the way up to the top level entity in my ip. is there another way to do that?

thanks urban

Reply to
u_stadler

Urban,

Use the core inserter rather than the core generator.

HTH., Syms.

Reply to
Symon

hi well i think i did that. there is an option under debug in edk where you can insert a chipscope core. my actual problem is that i created an ip core that i use in edk. i created the ip with the peripheral wizard and i can look at the signals with chip scope that are in the top level entity of the ip core. but what i want to do is to also have a look for example at some counters inside that ip core which are not in the top level entity. my workaround right now is to bring all the signal that i want to have a look at into the top level entity of the ip. but i belive thats not the best way and there should be something else...

thanks

Reply to
u_stadler

Hi, Clearly you didn't. Read UG029 Chapter 3. HTH., Syms.

p.s. Is the 'Shift' key broken on your keyboard? ;-)

Symon