Camera Control

Hello, I have a xupv2p board and I am wanting to use this board to perform image processing from 2 camera-link based cameras. I am building a connection board that will connect the cameras to the board and perform the de-serialization of the signals.

My question is about the control of the cameras. I am currently using a PC and frame-grabber, for which I have an API, dll files etc for camera control. Can these used by the power PC unit or Microblaze? ANY help would be gratefully recieved. Many thanks, Marc.

Reply to
MJ Pearson

image processing from 2 camera-link based cameras. I am building a connection board that will connect the cameras to the board and perform the de-serialization of the signals.

frame-grabber, for which I have an API, dll files etc for camera control. Can these used by the power PC unit or Microblaze? ANY help would be gratefully recieved. Many thanks, Marc.

I think it's unlikely you can directly use your dll files, however there is a Camera Link document describing the function of the standard dll required by the spec. Most are pretty simple (like serial communication with UART...) and easy enough to reproduce for your system. Higher level code developed by the framegrabber vendor may be harder to reproduce depending on the level of documentation supplied, however a well-documented API is a much better starting point to develop your own code from than starting from scratch.

Good Luck, Gabor

Reply to
Gabor

image processing from 2 camera-link based cameras. I am building a connection board that will connect the cameras to the board and perform the de-serialization of the signals.

Save yourself a lot of aggravation, and use one of the National Semiconductor Camera Link chips to do the de-serialization. For example, see:

-a

Reply to
Andy Peters