cable IV and platform USB cable API now officially public

Hi

it seems that Xilinx has promised to publisch (finally!) the programming APIs for cable IV and platform USB cable.

this is not official but the universal scan last version includes notes that they add support for Cable IV and platform USB in JANUARY

2008; after Xilinx publishes the docs.

so it can be derived that Xilinx has made promises to publish the APIs in 2007

hm, maybe they already online at xilinx.com ?

any more info anyone?

Antti Lukats

Reply to
Antti

Antti,

I found this post very surprising as I have worked with the engineering group that designs the cables. They have always had a stead-fast and adamant position regarding releasing the API (which is not to). After reading this post I inquired and just heard back. As expected, there are no immediate plans to release. It is also my understanding that further discussions regarding this will not happen any time soon. Sorry.

-David

Reply to
davide

e no

hm this means that the company who makes "universal scan" tool was just lying or had false information! :( too bad. they claimed to add support for cableIV/USB in jan 2008, __AFTER__ xilinx release of the API

Antti

Reply to
Antti