Boot problem Stratix Kit EP1S25

Hi,

I've got a big problem with a Altera Stratix Kit EP1S25.

We have integrated it in our application... We have directly connected the +5V +3.3V +1.5V from a DC/DC converter

What's happen : We have a kit which the Flash don't program all the time the FPGA at startup, only D8 led is ON (+3.3 V OK), D5 is OFF (CONF_DONE is not OK)

Do you know if there's a know problem when start up the card...

We have 5 cards in our application and not all the card boot corectly..

Thanks

Reply to
Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Is that the DSP kit or the NIOS kit? I've heard about problems with some of the newer DSP kits where the manufacturer stuck on different Flash chips than the old one.

Best regards,

Ben

Reply to
Ben Twijnstra

Hi Patrick, Altera has an updated utility that allows you to set up for non-volatile configuration on the DSP Stratix 1S25 board.

To obtain these files, please contact Altera mySupport at:

Regards, HS

Reply to
neoh

It's the DSP Kit Stratix...

Effectively, we had the problem that there is now new Flash memory and we have needed to reprogram the MAX Altera, because with the news Flash Memory it was impossible to program it..

Reply to
Patrick