Altera EPC16 Configuration Problem

Hi, I have a problem with configuration altera FPGA's on my board. my configuration scheme is:

1 EPC16 device connected in PPS mode to: A stratix device on Data0 (EP1S20) & 2 cyclone devices (EP1C12) connected Data1 & Data2 of the EPC16…

when I power-up the board, the configuration cycle isn't started, I can't find the DCLK (this signal stays LOW always!) the nSTATUS signal goes HIGH ~85mSec after power-up the CONF_DONE signal stays LOW always.

I've tried to connect an external OSC to the EPC16 => I didn't work.

Please advice,

Tal

Reply to
tal_h

Hi Tal,

A detailed reply which goes over the specifics for this solution along with a cof file that you will need will be mailed separately. In a nutshell the EPC16 device is not large enough to hold athe programming data for all three devices if you use the Bitslice PS mode. However a solution that uses compression will allow you to do so. The cof file will contain the settings that you can edit.

- Subroto Datta Altera Corp.

Reply to
Subroto Datta