Altera NIOS PIO interrupt problem

Hello all,

I am monica from germany.I am using NIOS in cyclone FPGA.I have problem with PIO interrupts. Environment details

Quartus Software : version 4.2 build 178 01/19/2005 SJ full version Nios software : version 1.1.0 build 137 FPGA : Altera cyclone

I have a input signal which should generate interrupt on every rising edge.So I have used a PIO to capture the signal and generate the IRQ for every rising edge.

PIO settings : width : 1bit direction : input only Edge capture reg synchronously capture : yes rising edge :yes generate irq : yes edge : yes

The software hangs at "alt_irq_register(TEST_CONTINUE_PIO_IRQ,(void

*)&global_flag,&intr_timer);"

However software works fine,If I change the PIO settings to

width : 1bit direction : input only Edge capture reg synchronously capture : yes rising edge :yes generate irq : yes level : yes

I am trying to find out what might be causing my software hang if I use "edge" instead of "level".

Did anybody face this sort of wierd behaviour? or is this a bug in Quartus software?

I have already wasted lot of time to find out a solution for this problem.

I will be obliged if anybody can throw some light on this issue.

Thanking you, Monica Dsouza

Reply to
Monica

In the interrupt routine you need to clear the interrupt. Check to see that you are doing that.

George

Reply to
GMM50