Generating linker script for Altera desgn

Hi I am a first time user of QuartusII + SOPC builder. After I create a design and map the different memories (external flash, external RAM and onchip ram) onto different address ranges, is there a way of automatically generating a linker script which I can use for linking my software? I am using Quartus II. For debugging I am using Accelerated Technologies' Codelab Debug for Nios II. I am using Codelab EDE as development environment instead of the Nios II IDE supplied by Altera. TIA Sunny

Reply to
Sunny

The NIOS II IDE generates link scripts for you.

Cheers, Jon

Reply to
Jon Beniston

Oh yeah, I think its usually called, generated.x.

Cheers, Jon

Reply to
Jon Beniston

Oh yeah, I think its usually called, generated.x.

Cheers, Jon

Reply to
Jon Beniston

Thanks Jon, for the quick reply. I could find generated.x when I ran Nios II. Sunny

Reply to
Sunny

I am not familiar with Codelab but I would be surprised if you had to (gasp!) write your own linker script. For the Nios II IDE (just for comparison's sake), the project properties dialog allows you to assign a memory device in your system to each component of the linker script (.text, .rodata, .exceptions, etc.). When the project is built, the linker script is generated along with it.

Jesse Kempa Altera jkempa --at-- altera --dot-- com

Reply to
kempaj