Antti's last comp.arch.fpga posting

Hi all

I am regret to inform you all that this the last time I either post or reply to comp.arch.fpga newsgroup. This decision was triggered by an reply from an Xilinx employee to one of my postings. If someone wants to look up that posting then its around the sentence: "This may have been a mistake" - I do understand that I may have understand the original intentions of that posting and that sentence and the context wrong, but that doesnt make any difference to my decision which is final. I will not discuss this matter in public or make any comments on it. A small explanation about the reasoning and background of my decision is available but not for free and not for quoting or republishing by any media.

Antti Lukats, posted to comp.arch.fpga at 1900PM on 16 August 2005

my final smile :) to all of you.

Reply to
Antti Lukats

5 bucks? Hmmm. I'm smiling too :)

Zolee

Reply to
zcsizmadia

Whoa... Antti

- you must have a very thin skin, or give up easily (which I would not have expected ) ? Don't let any single person's posting bother you: it is important to keep a view of the big picture, and keep your sense of humour intact. Better to judge people by their long term nett contribution, and whether they genuinely try to help, than by their etiquette. Throwing the toys out of the cot has some dramatic appeal, but will have little effect.

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville

Antii,

I agree with Jim, and I really hope you change your mind.

Luiz Carlos

Reply to
oen_no_spam

Antti,

Two things:

(*) What's the story with 5 bucks? (**) I could not find this reply && so can someone explain what the hell is going here. This "someone" should be (Antti || Xilinx).

Thanks

Vladislav

Reply to
Vladislav Muravin

Antti has given a lot of good information to this group in the past, so I was tempted to spend the five bucks to find out. However, I decided to get a couple of tacos for lunch instead.

Pete Fraser

I would not give him 5 bucks, I think he does not need it.

But I would gladly invite him for a lunch with other FPGA people, on one condition, which is "no talk about FPGA design" :):):):)

Vlladislav

Vladislav Muravin

Vlad,

No secret, it was I who offended Antti. I have apologized to him personnally. I did not intend to slight him in any way. In fact, his comments have been, and continue to be, very valuable to Xilinx.

I respect Antti, if and when he feels comfortable with posting again, or when he feels it may be useful to post, it will be up to him to decide. I can live with that. Everyone here has the right to post, or not to post, and if they post, to post what they will.

It takes time and energy to post here, and some people get things done without the bother. For example, the largest source of email addresses for spam are harvested from newsgroups (unfortunately).

I reserve my right to reply to postings as well. I also have the best email filtering imaginable (three levels), and our internet service provider is daily driven crazy by the number of spam emails they have to block for Peter and me.

I never intended to insult or offend anyone.

Austin

Vladislav Murav> Antti,

Reply to
Austin Lesea

Austin,

First, thank you for the prompt response; now i understand the picture.

Well.................. I have pretty similar personality to Antti's (not entirely similar :) !!! ) So, statistically speaking, your explanation of your response whatever it was (let's not call it apology, I hate this word) should have made a difference and I would let Antti spend a few days and finally chill down.

And if Antti still reads this post, I would advise following of my "life guidelines", which is "Try judging people not by mistakes they make, but whether they can realize && acknowledge && let you know that they understand they made one". After all, we are people first, and only then, Angineers.............

Best regards.

Sincerely, Vladislav

Reply to
Vladislav Muravin

Vlad,

Antti is alive, and very well. He has chosen not to post here, and I respect that.

He is in communications with Xilinx, and we are working together.

Thank you for your kind comments,

Aust> Austin,

Reply to
austin