Affordable pcie card ?

I am after a pcie card where the ip doesn't cost an arm and a leg unlike that for xilinx's s3 pcie starter kit

Got quoted > $15,000 for the pcie core(End point pipe) by the local distributor who was trying to push us towards Virtex-5 ML555 PCI Express Board HW-V5-ML555-G which is overkill for what we need.

Looking for a card that has drivers and examples for windows and linux and includes the ipcores needed(board license is fine)

Basically uni research project to prove a design concept (one off)

1x is fine.

Doesn't have to be xilinx based even though that would be easier as we have all the software..

Has any here used the Lattice pcie cards and cores ?

Alex

Reply to
Alex Gibson

ML505 is about half the price, if that helps...

- Brian

Reply to
Brian Drummond

The Lattice hardware is a chunk to swallow to start off with. Perhaps there's some better consideration for the core than with Xilinx but I wouldn't guarantee it.

I just got advertising email at work from PLDA for their PCIe x8 core "Starting from $5995" or some similar number between $5k and $6k. The ad was announcing the new Altera version though PLDA supports Xilinx as well. Bottom line: maybe it's good to check out PLDA and NW Logic in addition to the FPGA vendors.

- John_H

Reply to
John_H

If PCIe isn't really a part of the project but just an interface, you may be better of putting a board together with a PLX bridge chip and an FPGA.

--
Reply to nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

Alex, send me an email and I can reply with some more options.

Regards, Colin Hankins

Reply to
Colin Hankins
Reply to
Charles Steinkuehler

If this would be an option for you, look at

. The PCIeS4BASE has a PLX bridge chip, 512 MB SO-DIMM and a Virtex-4 for 1.249 Euro.

-Manfred Kraus, CESYS GmbH

Reply to
Manfred Kraus