Xilinx ML321 (v2pro rocket io): Adding PCIe functionality

Hello All,

We are looking into the Xilinx PCI Express Endpoint Logicore to develop a high speed serial link on the Xilinx ML321 development board (v2pro rocketio). Is there a daughter card available to add PCIe functionality on the board. We would like to be able to connect a PC w/ a PCIe connection to the board. I had a look at the PCI-SIG Compliance Load baord for this application, but I'm not sure if I'm on the right track.

Thanks, Eshwar

Reply to
Eshwar

V2pro rocket io is not PCIe compliant on the 'lock range' of the CDR so at least you need an external clock recovery circuit to be added - in short the answer is no, if you want PCIe functionality with Xilinx FPGA you should seek some other platform - as V2Pro is 2 families past the latest and greatest I dont think there will be any new things developed for it or for ML321 platform.

Antti

Reply to
Antti

OK. But If I did manage to get hold of external clock recovery circuit, can the PCI SIG compliance board be used to add PCIe functionality to the FPGA development board (Xilinx PCIe Logicore will be used on the board) Are there any other cheaper alternatives like generic PCIe daughter cards, or other add in cards that can be used to connect the development board and a PC through PCIe?

Thanks, Eshwar

Reply to
Eshwar