ABEL alias names

Hi,

I am having trouble finding directive to call a port by different names in ABEL HDL (Xilinx). Could someone let me know?

Thanks, Papu

Reply to
Papu

ABEL has a declarations section, which is everything between the module keyword and the Equations keyword. Within the declaration section you can make aliases using the equals sign like:

MY_ADDR = [0,1,1,0,1,0,1]; " 6A write, 6B read

" Input data shift register ISR7..ISR0 NODE istype 'reg' ; IN_SR = [ISR7..ISR0] ;

Where IN_SR is an alias of the vector ISR7..ISR0 and MY_ADDR is a constant vector. Aliases can also be to simple port names like:

FRANK PIN istype 'reg' ; george = FRANK ;

Hope this helps,

Gabor

Reply to
Gabor