Who was the maker of Metermaster 65601 o'scope?

Was it Metermaster in NZ

or Weschler Instruments in Ohio USA
Even though both companies have the same "name", they don't look like the same company to me. Neither site has any information remotely related to the used "Metermaster 65601" o'scope that I bought recently on Ebay. The one I bought looks identical to the following one:

I have also searched more than a handful of sites that sell manuals, but there is no listing on this particular o'scope. Any information as to who made this instrument and/or information about where I may obtain a (technical/repair) manual would be much appreciated. It does not need any repairs YET as everything is in good working order (was I lucky!), but having a manual would be good just in case.

BTW, the label at the back of the 'scope says "made in Korea".

Thanks Al-U

Reply to
alpha_uma

Googling produced:

Transmation Announces Fiscal 2000 Third Quarter and Nine Month Results

ROCHESTER, NY -- /PRNewswire/ -- Transmation, Inc., a leading business-to-business distributor, servicer and manufacturer of test, measurement and calibration instrumentation used in industrial markets, today announced financial results for its third quarter and nine months ended December 31, 2000.

Net income totaled $84,692, or $0.01 per share, on sales of $19.4 million for the quarter ended December 31, 2000 compared to a net loss of $3,011,058, or $0.50 per share, on sales of $19.3 million which was reported for the third quarter ended December 31, 1999. For the nine months ended December 31, 2000, the Company reported a net loss of $141,950, or $0.02 per share, on sales of $55.4 million compared to a net loss of $2,437,426, or $0.41 per share, on sales of $58.5 million which was reported for the nine months ended December 31, 1999.

Sales for the first nine months of fiscal 2001 reflected the impact of adverse exchange rates on shipping levels in international markets, particularly in the Far East. Sales for the first nine months of fiscal

2000 benefited significantly from the shipping of back orders resulting from the Company's acquisition of Metermaster.

-bj

Reply to
Skyscraper System Administrato

: >

: >

: > I have also searched more than a handful of sites that sell manuals, but : > there is no listing on this particular o'scope. Any information as to who : > made this instrument and/or information about where I may obtain a : > (technical/repair) manual would be much appreciated. It does not need any : > repairs YET as everything is in good working order (was I lucky!), but : > having a manual would be good just in case. : >

: > BTW, the label at the back of the 'scope says "made in Korea". : > Thanks : > Al-U

Re-labled Hitachi scope. can't tell which model, but compare the specs to get close.

Reply to
Roger Gt

Thanks for that bit of information. At least now I know that Transmation acquired Metermaster even though I still don't know whether it was

or
that they have acquired. No listing of a 65601 o'scope listed at Transmation either.

Hope someone who is using a Metermaster 65601 or has ever used it would know the answer to my original question. Al-U

Reply to
alpha_uma

But unfortunately the used scope I bought did not come with any manual at all. So I have no specs that I can compare with. Al-U

Reply to
alpha_uma