Where to download FREE manuals for newer electronics?

Most of the manuals for the very old electronics, especially tube gear, can be gotten online for free. But I am looking for a manual for a newer piece of equipment. All I am finding are bogus websites that try to get me to download something else, or sites that want payment for a PDF file download.

I did find one site that actually had the manual, but it was written in a foreign language (not sure what lang).

I am looking for the manual for a Kenwood stereo synthesizer tuner, model KT-76. I mostly need the user manual because this is a complicated piece of gear that I cant figure out how to operate all the buttons on it. But having a schematic and service manual would also be nice.

It appears that a Kenwood KT-550-L has the same manual. (Probably just a different appearance box with the same electronics inside).

I believe this tuner was made in the 80s, bu I am not real sure. I bought it (used) for a very good price, including the remote, but no manual. Using it appears to require a rocket scientist to program it. I must find a manual....

I'd appreciate any links.

Thanks

Reply to
oldschool

Ebay has some for about $ 12.

Here is a site you can download that one and many more for about $ 5.

manual.html

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

[...]

**************************************

Send me $20 and I'll unscramble the link.

Gareth.

Reply to
Gareth Magennis

Tom Gardner

*******************************

Doh!

Bang goes my $20 annual donation to the "save puppies from the Ungoogle people" charity.

Gareth.

Reply to
Gareth Magennis

On occasion -- you may need to PAY for things you need.It's not always FREE.

Reply to
Terry Schwartz

While electrotanya has the 550 service manual it is quite sketchy on operat ion. Nobody has the owner's manual except for money I think, you would thin k Kenwood's site would have it but no, remind me to never buy anything from them.

Believe it or not, you should probably find a kid, a tween or a teen and ha ve them figure it out. Most of them are good at it. Give some of them a sma rt phone and they'll be in control of nuclear power plants n shit. Really, they seem to be able to back out of a bad path or start all over and rememb er the steps that you or I would forget before the next keystroke.

I notice that some older digital Sony tuners are not so intuitive, and if y ou've ever been in the service manual of a Pioneer bigscreen you know what menu hell is. I swear the people who design these things are on drugs. The circuitry is alright but the method of controlling it can be crazy.

Other than that it seems to be a decent tuner, 3 TRF stages, quadrature det ection which I don't like working on but does work well, and no caps direct ly off of silicon after the stereo decoder. It's like buying a car and not knowing where the controls are. I had to be told how to turn on the wipers a few times. Luckily they don't move the pedals around much :-)

Reply to
jurb6006

-------------------------

** It has detailed instructions for EVERY function of EVERY button.

What the HELL makes you so damn sure the Owners Manual has more info ???

.... Phil

.... Phi

Reply to
Phil Allison

You can't put a price on information, "information wants to be free" :)

And I'm a blue meanie.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Hi,

If you go to the Electrotanya link You'll find that the scanned manual DOES have the operating instructions Starting on PDF page 6 (manual page

11). They are the same as in the KT-76 manual, and rather confusing.

Regards, Tim

Reply to
Tim Schwartz

Hi,

If you go to the Electrotanya link You'll find that the scanned manual DOES have the operating instructions Starting on PDF page 6 (manual page

11). They are the same as in the KT-76 manual, and rather confusing.

Regards, Tim

Reply to
Tim Schwartz

After correcting the URL error in the original posting, I did manage to download this file and yea, it does have the operating instructions, which I agree are confusing. I have not yet had a chance to really study it. I need to find some unhurried time to really learn it.

Maybe it's not as complicated as it seems, once I get to understand it, but right now, I'm thinking how simple the old analog radios are and wondering why I got myself into this project.

Either way, thanks to all for the URL for this. The "user manual" does not seem to exist anywhere online, for free. I went to a high speed WIFI and thoroughly looked, rather than spend hours trying to do the same on my dialup service at home. I did find the manuals in PDF format for $4.99 and would have probably paid that amount, but they not only wanted me to sign up and register to their service but also wont accept payment by credit card or mail in check. Too much bullshit, and I dont have, or want an actual Paypal account. When I use Ebay, I actually pay thru Paypal, but just do it with my credit card and its done.

I also found a printed manual on ebay for around $12, but in all honesty I will probably sell this tuner as soon as I know it's working properly. I dont care for things that are complicated. I'll stick to my old analog tuner for personal use. Knowing that, I dont want to stick much more money into it.

Reply to
oldschool

I run into this all the time. Some people are just total bell ends. (look it up.)

  1. They pay 00 for a piece of equipment but are too cheap to pay for the operating and service manuals. I would think for that kind of investment, the manuals would be a good idea.

  1. They pay for a 00 piece of equipment. Same story. Too cheap to pay for the manuals, "But I only paid for it." With the money you saved you can afford the manuals.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0

LOL. Never heard of that before.

You are a veritable font of off the wall information Jeff!!

Reply to
John-Del

Thank you dear....

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Fox's Mercantile

I noticed that. I am starting to make sense out of this tuner. I really think I prefer an old analog tuner though. Simple is better....

Just my opinion, but I think that all companies who sell electronics should have their manuals online. It's just a courtesy thing. Some companies do, but Kenwood is not one of them. I do kind of wonder the legality of websites that charge money for manuals. For example, Kenwood should sue these companies that sell their manuals. But then again, Kenwood dont provide them, so they dont get a gold star from me. Even if they do make some fairly decent electronics.

Reply to
oldschool