Tektronix from US

Does someone know a company in the US who sells and ships Tektronix scopes to Europe?

Here in Finland they charge around almost 100% more them...

rick

Reply to
Jedi

Steven D. Swift, novatech@eskimo.com, http://www.novatech-instr.com
NOVATECH INSTRUMENTS, INC.      P.O. Box 55997
206.301.8986, fax 206.363.4367  Seattle, Washington 98155 USA
Reply to
Steven Swift

Which specific instrument type one you like to have? Maybe I can help you in europe, contact me via and snipped-for-privacy@gmx.de

hth, Andreas

Reply to
tekamn

The shipping would be expensive; due to the size after adding bubble wrap or plastic peanuts, would exceed the maximum dimensions the US Post Offices allows for surface shipping (the least expensive rate). The size would then require the USPS "Global Express" method, which is roughly ten times more expensive. And if one tries UPS or Fed Express, double to quadruple that rate. That means the net cost could exceed what you see locally in Finland. now.... Since there aer a fair number of visitors going each way, the cost as extra baggage on an airline might be worth considering; at least do the queries (size and weight) for all of these alternatives, before tossing your Maria Theresa Thalers around.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Actually have offers incl. up to US$ 180 shipping costs and it is around US$ 1000 still cheaper than here for a TDS2014 with TDS2MEM!!! (after local taxes/VAT of course)

rick

Reply to
Jedi

I do not think that $180 does not cover USPS Global Express. Get at least a reasonable estimate of the package dimensions, and use the net for determining the cost; have an idea of the weight in case that exceeds the "dimensinal weight" (rare):

Robert Baer

Actually I don't see the point why you are arguing about shipping costs????

It's what they put in the quote...and if it arrives within reasonable time and in full then it's fine with me...I don't care what they pay for the shipping!

Sounds like you work for Tektronix distributor here in Europe (o;

rick

Reply to
Jedi