HP Multimeter 3490

Hi, I recently aquired a HP Multimeter 3490 multimeter and all functions work except the ohm's part. The display shows 1.2000 in all ranges. A hint to search is welcome; a service manual even better. I have to say that buying a manual from the "normal" intenet sellers is a bit to much. I tried ebay but no luck yet. Thanks for the response. Zilog

Reply to
VMI

Might be worth asking the company that HP spun off to support the test gear, I had a quick look and there are plenty of 34XX manuals in .pdf format but I couldn't see yours there. That doesn't mean is doesn't exist, ask them.

Peter

Reply to
Peter A Forbes

Thanks Peter, I'll have a try. Cheers, Marco

gear, I

ODE=ZZ&LANGUAGE_CODE=eng

Reply to
VMI

It sounds like there may be a problem with the current source. I suggest that you contact Ed Matsuda at snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net

He has lots of HP manuals at reasonable prices. Be sure to tell him the serial number so you can get a manual that actually covers your instrument.

-

Jim Adney

Hey Jim, Thank you for your response. I'll do that.

Reply to
VMI