Re: Colony ship to Alpha Centauri - The Motion Picture Concept by A. Ahad

by A.

>> Ahad] > > IIRC, Tucson's Biosphere 2 Human Greenhouse was a flop. > ...Jim Thompson

This one?

Hope it wasn't build with tax monies. Great place to raise tomatoes!

Reply to
Clarence_A

What do YOU think?

...Jim Thompson

I read in sci.electronics.design that Svein Ove Aas wrote (in ) about 'Colony ship to Alpha Centauri - The Motion Picture Concept by A. Ahad', on Mon, 3 Jan 2005:

I suppose some oxygen could be absorbed by rusting reinforcing wires. Concrete also evolves carbon dioxide very slowly, as carbonates are converted to complex silicates. To what extent it absorbs carbon dioxide in the initial setting process, I find conflicting reports.

John Woodgate

In other words, it's not a good idea to build interstellar ships out of concrete?

;-) Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Hopefully entertainment and tourism can finance research. James Cameron seems to be doing this. Jaques Cousteau comes to mind.

--
Hop David
http://clowder.net/hop/index.html