this diode brought to you by the letter "M"

I have noted in this space, once or twice, that only companies whose names start with M are allowed to manufacture step-recovery diodes. M/A-com. Metelics. M-Pulse. MicroMetrics. Microsemi. MooseHill aka MegaImpulse.

Now comes a new entry into the SRD business:

John

How expensive are their parts? Do they sell in small qunatitities?

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Don't know.

The M/A-com parts are available from distributors for ballpark 60 cents. The fastest one has spec'd Trr of 150 ps, but will go somewhat faster if pushed.

The faster parts are usually assembled to order. We buy an M-Pulse 70 ps part for roughly $5 in quantity 25. The fastest catalog part is 35 ps, from Metelics. There are compound semiconductor SRDs below 10 ps, I think - there are papers - but you can't buy them.

John

But, according to another thread, since the companies all start with M and the state where this one is also does, wouldn't the tax guys from Massachusetts come after everyone using SRD?

--
SCNR, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Maybe?

-- Boris

Reply to
Boris Mohar

Must be that 1920's evil Doctor Mabuse...

Reply to
Robert Baer