Post Office telephones TRT340 Digital Timer

This is one for the UK members to have a look at please.

We have an oldish digital timer TRT340 which we have been using for one particular job since the 1980's, when we bought two of them from a surplus dealer.

One went awol after failing, the other is still running OK. We have never really found out who made it or any information such as circuit diagrams etc.

We think it was for the early digital telephone exchange testing, but it was already obsolete in 1985 so 1970's is probably closer.

We make a particular bit of kit which uses an old Plessey ZN1034E timer, and this timer is what we use to set the timer IC up with. We do have a replacement PCB with 4060 timers on, but the customer prefers that we continue to use the ZN1034E as long as we can get stocks, mainly to keep it compatible with previous supplies.

If anyone has any info or leads we would be most grateful, beer tokens might even be exchanged :-))

I'm off overseas from Wednesday, but should have email if not usenet. The reply-to address IS valid.

Many thanks,

Peter

Peter A Forbes