microscopes in the classroom

I am interested in getting a microscope that is able to be hooked up to my computer for my classroom. I would like to hear from those of your who have used them, found them to be easy to use, would recommend this (or not) and in lessons plans. Any takers?

Reply to
elksnout

Tell us what you want to do. Are you interested in image capture/distribution, computer stage-control or.........

Actually, we are eliminating microscopes in the classroom and replacing them with virtual imaging on large touchscreens.

Kal

Reply to
Kalman Rubinson

The QX-3 and the later (higher res, LED illumination) QX-5 are fairly inexpensive and give pretty good results for the price.

(lots of other sites carry these; this just happened to have both).

Rather depends on whether your classroom is 4th grade or PhD candidates, tho...

--
Rich Webb   Norfolk, VA
Reply to

your

this

Thanks for the answers Kal and Rich. I have 4th graders. Great! Just as I'm getting into the technology, they go change it on me. How about ideas for what I do with a microscope once I have it, or the virtual... if that's the route I need to go?

Reply to
elksnout

Time lapse of a germinating seed? The QX5 comes with a couple of specimen wells that are good for this.

--
Rich Webb   Norfolk, VA
Reply to