Wanted HP 5342A microwave counter manual

Does anyone have a manual for the the HP 5342A microwave frequency counter in pdf format they would share? Or even the HP 5343A would be some help.

Yes, I know they can be bought on eBay for a few $'s, being sold by people who don't have the right to sell them.

Unlike 99% of those on eBay, I do have a license from Agilent to distribute manuals for obsolete HP equipment

- see I am listed on the Agilent web site:

I don't do this commercially, but have made the only manual I have scanned, the HP 5370B for free public download:

(you will find lots of tube data sheets too, all for free download).

Hence if anyone has bought a manual on one of these counters, and would share it, let me know.

Has anyone ever tried swapping options between these counters. For example, if you have a dead counter, the chances of the GPIB being shot is pretty remote, but one is quite likely to be able to buy a counter with GPIB for not a lot.

I would like to get a counter with two or three options (001 stable timebase, 002 (amplitude measurement) and 011 (GPIB) is a must), which seem hard to find in the one unit. So am thinking of getting two and swapping the options around.

I will not be around much 36 hours after posting this, so if you do reply, don't expect a swift response unless you do so within 36 hours.

--
David Kirkby,
G8WRB

Please check out http://www.g8wrb.org/