Help on Tek 2710 requested

I have a 2710 Spectrum Analyzer that suddenly wil not complete bootup.

Error messages:

Cannot clear I/O Subsystem FF Loopback Exp 55 Act FF FF Loopback Exp AA Act FF CFC Loopback Exp 55 Act FF CFC Loopback Exp AA Act FF CFC Loopback Exp 55 Act FF CFC Koopback Exp AA Act FF

Unit then locks up.

Any hints on where to begin would be appreciated. Power supplies measure within normal, I have reseated all cards, etc.

Thanks!

Terry Baun

Reply to
baun-godby

This may be obvious, perhaps even true, and yet completely useless.

It looks like they were sending out an alternating bit stream and expecting that to loop around and back to the input. But it looks like the line is stuck high.

Since it says it can't initialize the I/O, I'd wonder whether this might be somewhere in one of the various serial or parallel links.

Reply to
Don Taylor

Thanks very much for sharing your thoughts. The idea that the data line(s) may be locked high did not occur to me and I'll have a closer look. I think it has to be something rather simple....

--Terry Baun

Reply to
baun-godby