FS: HP 16500 Logic Analyzer and Oscope/Logic Analyzer Modules and Accessories

Hello All, I have for sale some HP 16500 logic analyzer related bits:

1x 16500A mainframe base. Good conditions, works perfectly. $200

2x 16510B 35mhz state/100mhz timing 80channel analyzer boards. $100/each

1x 16530a/16531a 400msamples/sec 100mhz 2channel oscilloscope boardset. $225

2x HP termination adapters $25/ea

1x HP HIL mouse, really makes using mainframe a lot faster $25

Bundle: 1x 16500A mainframe, 1x 16510B, 1x 16530a/16531a, 1x boot disk - $500.

All equipment is in good working condition and comes with a non-DOA warranty. I have 195 feedback rating on Ebay, seller ID "notp." I can provide limited manuals for each piece of equipment to the buyer in PDF format as well as software.

For various reasons this sale must be completed by late night Tuesday so I can have the items shipped early Wednesday when I move. I will entertain offers but I think these prices are pretty fair.

Please email me with any questions.

Thanks Mike

Reply to
Michael Dombrowski

Hi Mike, I see your post on this and have a couple questions.

  1. The mouse allows you to interact with the screen menus rather than using the touch screen, I assume. Is that correct? Where does it connect?

  1. When do you need the termination adapters?

Once again I appologize it these questions are basic or stupid, but I am not yet very familiar with this piece of gear.

By the way, I have gotten the system to work, by making many copies of the diskettes until I got a set that would work. Apparently, my rear drive is pretty fussy (probably marginally aligned) and the fact that we are writing the low density formatted diskettes with a HD PC drive adds to the sensitivity. Anyway, I have gotten it to work with a particular set of copies... Thanks for your help.

Regards John Knight

Reply to
john Knight

John,

In my experience, using a 1.44 MB 3.5" drive to format or write 720 KB 3.5" floppies can be quite unreliable. If you need to do much of this, I suggest you keep an old 720 KB 3.5" drive around specifically for this.

Media can also be an issue. Again, from my experience, once a diskette is initially formatted at 720 KB or 1.44 MB, trying to reformat for the other format almost always results in a diskette that can't be written or read in any drive reliably.

Why HP insisted on using 720 KB drives for so long is beyond me.

--
James T. White
SPAMjtwhiteGUARD@SPAMhal-pcGUARD.org

Note:  Remove SPAM-GUARD to reply.
Reply to
James T. White

John, As I think I stated on my website, 1.44mb floppies worked just fine for me. I dispaired not having any 720s then tried 1.44 and they worked fine.

Correct about the mouse, it plugs into the HIL port on front of the analyzer. You get a little cursor(duh) and can change values either by selecting them like with the touchsreen or holding a mouse button and scrolling them. I prefer it to the touchscreen for most everything.

The connection that the analyzers use is a 40pin .1" header, with a ground for each signal line. In addition, you need to provide a proper termination circuit (which the regular pods do) before connecting it to your design. So if you build a design and want to plug the connector right into the header, you need a large 40pin connector and proper circuitry on your board. The termination adapter converts the 40pin to a

20pin connector and includes the proper circuitry so that it's much easier to avoid using the regular probes. Check ebay for a picture.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Dombrowski

I don't understand your email. You're asking the seller questions, then it looks like you said you got it to work. Did you buy it already?

Reply to
Tony K