Scope & Logic Analyzer

I'm going to be helping with some embedded work and will likely need a scope and at least 16 channels for logic analyzer (prefer 24 since that is the address bus of the processor). My suggestion was the HP (Agilent?) 54622D, but then I saw the budget (sucks). So, can anyone suggest low cost instruments that you have had good experience with? Used is fine. I'm aware of some of the PC instruments, but have not had experience with anything other than Tek and HP/Agilent (and would love to keep it that way).

Scope specs: * Two or more channels. * 60 MHz (or better) analog equivalent bandwidth (or better) per ch. * External trigger (yes, goes without saying, but...) * Prefer digital, but analog ok Logic ana.: * 16 or more channels * 10 nS * 4 KB min. depth.

Dave,

Reply to
Dave Boland

Dave, don't know where you are located, are your timeline for this project, but I have been in a similar situation. The solution -- Rent. In the USA, at least, there are several places where you can rent the finest of instrumentations for $400/month or less.

Regards, Clark

Reply to
Clark G. Smith

Ant16 but it is only 2048 samples deep.

Tom Woodrow

Dave Boland wrote:

Reply to
Tom Woodrow

if your budget really really sucks you may get a used HP1631D , which is a combination of 2 channels 50MHz DSO (200MSPS) and 43 channels LA. The granddaddy of 54622 basically . They sell for just a few hundred dollars .

Best Regards, Matt Tudor , MSEE

problem

old

Reply to
matt

Try

in the states (LA-4000) or if in the uk like me, they do have a uk distributor whose name escapes me at the moment :)

Decent depth logic and pattern generator modules at a reasonable price with a variety of PC interfaces available.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Baxter