cordless phone

hi,

I am in a village surrounded by hills. I am waiting for a land line connections for past 4 years. They have to lay cable for 4 Kms so they don't provide me connection. cellulor phone operation also in the out of reach. Now I decided to not wait furhter. I am planning to get a connection away from my house(i.e about 4 kms where I will get a phone connection)and keeping the base unit of cardless phone in that place and having handset in my house. I have clear line of sight.

some duplicate named NOKIA is available. it won't work for more than a week.

Please help me any one of the following way:

  1. suggest a cardless phone with basic function and high reliable one.( for 2 - 3 Mile range) - I am very much concerned about Price.

  1. Providing circuit to make a FM cardless phone phone - it may be bulkier but tested circuit - I know little bit electronics and doing some projects

Thaks lot

Reply to
yuvaraj

Try using Google to search for "long range cordless phone". It found this one...

Claims range = 5.5 miles.

You might be able to improve range further by fitting a directional aerial to the base station.

and this one..

Claims range = 10 miles.

Reply to
CWatters

In article , durai snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com mentioned...

Some people say the Gigarange from Panasonic is s long distance set, but I have never had any experience with it.

Post your question to comp.dcom.telecom.tech for more answers from other experienced posters.

--
@@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@h@e@r@e@@
###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS?   Check HERE First:###

In article , snipped-for-privacy@pandoraBOX.be mentioned...

He did say he was concerned about the price. The one above is $400 to start, which seems to be out of his price range.