Anyone use the RS232 on the HP 16500A?

I'm trying to dump the data from this thing. Has anyone successfully dumped trace data from the RS232 port? Thanks,

-Adam ===============

===============

Reply to
ajcrm125

This can become fairly complicated depending on what you really need.

It is possible to control the 16500A using the HP instrument control language over the RS232 port. Using this method you can read all of the captured data from any module, read and write files to the disks, and set the measurement modes of the modules.

If all you really need is to get a few dumps of ASCII data from a logic analyzer then you can set the RS232 port to output data to a printer and capture the serial stream on your computer with a serial terminal program.

This site:

may have something useful.

Reply to
Keyser Soze

Ahhhh never thought of that. That would be much simpler. That way I can just dump an ASCII representation of the data and just parse/ convert it to the format I want. (VCD in this case)

Thanks for the tip!

-Adam

Reply to
ajcrm125