Wiggler and Linux GDB

Has anyone had any luck getting the Macraigor Wiggler working with gdb under linux? It doesn't look like gdb-5.3 supports ARM targets for the wiggler yet, only PPC.

Reply to
James Laamnna

linux?

PPC.

for a Raven and Wiggler in the same hardware for only euro 149.-

100% compatible with Macraigor Raven and Wiggler

The Raven has a better support on Linux.

------------ And now a word from our sponsor ---------------------- For a quality mail server, try SurgeMail, easy to install, fast, efficient and reliable. Run a million users on a standard PC running NT or Unix without running out of power, use the best!

---- See

----

Reply to
Amontec Team, Laurent Gauch

linux?

PPC.

So I've tried running OcdLibRemote.exe and then starting gdb. (under cygwin) Using insight, it says it cannot connect to the target board. Using command-line gdb, it just hangs. OcdLibRemote does report that it accepts a gdb connection.

I'm doing this on windows 2000 btw.

Reply to
James Laamnna

under linux?

only PPC.

I've had it working on Windows 2000 and 95. I start it up with the following command in a cygwin bash window: /usr/local/bin/ocdlibremote -c XSCALE-IXP -p 8888 -d WIGGLER -a 1

You will want to change the -c and -p parameters to suit your setup. One nuiscance is that you must restart ocdlibremote each time that gdb disconnects (I use a shell script that just starts it up again each time it completes).

Then connect to it from gdb with "target remote localhost:8888". I've been using the GDB/Insight from the Redhat GNUpro xscale-030422 release.

Good luck.

- Charles

Reply to
Charles Oram