Use Macraigor ARM wiggler on PowerPC?

I'm getting to work on a PowerPC-based NAS appliance, based around an MPC8241 micro. There appears to be a standard 16-pin COP port on the board. Apparently nobody else in the entire universe has ever used this port, though.

I have a (genuine Macraigor! Accept no substitutes!) JTAG wiggler that was originally bought for ARM development, and has the standard 20-pin ARM header. However, the wiggler PCB has (stuffed) connectors for SuperH and also COP, and I'm wondering if I can simply add the appropriate 16-pin ribbon cable and use it on my PowerPC target.

One thing that puzzles/concerns me is power for the wiggler. The target is missing its series current-limiting resistor on Vtarget, so I'll have to put something on those pads if the wiggler needs target power. The wiggler PCB has a three-pin jumper strip that appears to have something to do with selecting onboard or target voltage levels on the output buffers. But there is no shorting block on either of those pins (and I know the wiggler works properly, at least on 3.3V ARM targets).

Reply to
Lewin A.R.W. Edwards

Followup: Macraigor replied to my inquiry within a few minutes of submitting it. They say that I can just connect up a cable to the COP header and use the same wiggler for PowerPC. Yippee! :)

Reply to
Lewin A.R.W. Edwards

now i have a substitute Macraigor wiggler for arm(20 pin). Below is the board schematic,

20wayIDC

the wiggler can connect to arm and debug it, also make an adaptor for CO interface. Because of COP interface has more signals than arm, i negate QACK, SRESET, HRESET, HALTED and CKSTP_OUT connection and let them alone. When i connects to MPC755, OCDcommander don't prompt error. I rea address, response slowly. It means that the connection has problems.

Now i searching some informations about how connect COP to Parallel, bu get no response. who can provide the connection diagram?

-> This message was sent using the web interface o

gabledon